Tips For Dealing With Allergy Symptoms
- Get tested for allergies. Prescription allergy meds are better than over the counter, as they can pinpoint and treat your individual allergies with cutting edge medicine. Get the newest medicine from your doctor rather than mindlessly taking Sudafed. Xyzal is one option, which users report is better than Singulair for dust mites, dust, mold, and outdoor allergies.
- Avoid dairy products and allergenic foods. Do substitutes for milk such as rice, oat, nut, coconut and almond milk.
- Consider allergy shots if needed
- Antihistamines such as Claritin and Zyrtec
- Antihistamine spray Astelin. Astelin has reported to be effective for ENS sufferers who have allergic rhinitis or vasomotor rhinitis. Astelin is unique in that it offers an antihistamine effect for both seasonal allergic rhinitis and vasomotor rhinitis. It helps those who are troubled by seasonal allergens, such as pollen, mold and ragweed, and environmental irritants, such as car fumes and perfumes. I should note that it is reported to cause drowsiness and has a bitter aftertaste, but I would counter that with the effects of it are solid and proven effective for me.